The health, safety, and well-being of our community is our highest priority and continually guides our preparation, thinking, and actions. The University of Connecticut’s emergency management team is monitoring COVID-19, the novel coronavirus, and has developed plans to address spread of the virus should it arise at UConn.
The University has enacted a number of preventative measures to help mitigate spread of the virus including:
- Travel restrictions to countries rated as a CDC Level 2 or 3
- Protocols for faculty, staff, and students returning from countries rated as a CDC Level 2 or 3, which includes a 14-day self-quarantine
- Out-of-state travel restrictions for University employees until further notice
- Enhanced disinfection of common areas and high touch surfaces such as door knobs and handles
- Directing anyone experiencing illness to seek medical attention and to stay home, including our campus visitors
The COVID-19 situation continues to change very quickly. While we have taken precautionary steps and have plans in place to address this evolving health risk, the University is open and operating as usual. We welcome visitors to come to campus and learn about UConn's opportunities. Please use your discretion regarding travel, the University cannot be held responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses should an on-campus event or visit program be cancelled.
Your health and the health of the UConn community is our utmost concern. We will relay any updates as they become available. For more information visit the University's public information page.