Freshman applicants should be attending an approved high school program. Upon graduation, a minimum of 16 units, with 15 in college preparatory work, must be completed. The following college preparatory courses are required for all freshman applicants.
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math (algebra I, algebra II, and geometry)
- 2 years of social studies (including 1 year of U.S. history)
- 2 years of a single foreign language (3 years strongly recommended)*
- 2 years of laboratory science
- 3 years of electives
- School of Engineering & School of Nursing applicants: high school chemistry and physics are required.
*Two years of a documented foreign language, that is not English, without level repetition is required.