Experience UConn with an ocean view
Located on Long Island Sound at the mouth of the Thames River, UConn Avery Point challenges students with specialized programs that take advantage of our waterfront location and delivers an outstanding education in more traditional areas of study. At UConn Avery Point, you'll get all the benefits of a prestigious public research university in a small college setting.
Benefit from small classes, explore unique minors, and enjoy distinctly modern facilities like our Lowell P. Weicker Jr. Building, home to state-of-the-art marine sciences laboratories, outreach programs, and education. Through classroom learning and unlimited opportunities for undergraduate research, fieldwork, and internships across the many industries near campus, you’re bound to make waves at Avery Point.
Love to Learn
UConn’s rigorous majors prepare you for a successful career. Students seeking a comprehensive, outstanding education will find that and more at UConn Avery Point. You can select from a variety of UConn’s 115+ majors, completing your first 54 credits (typically two years) at UConn Avery Point, and then seamlessly transitioning to UConn’s main campus in Storrs to finish your bachelor’s degree.
Or, complete your degree at UConn Avery Point through select four-year degree programs.
Business Administration, Business Data Analytics, Financial Management, Marine Sciences, Maritime Studies, and Marketing Management require coursework at multiple UConn campuses and cannot be completed solely at the main campus in Storrs. Certain programs may require coursework across multiple campuses to complete an approved plan of study.
UConn Avery Point also offers an array of graduate and post-baccalaureate programs.
For details, visit grad.uconn.edu.
Kick-start your student life
Discover and develop your passions at UConn Avery Point. Our modern facilities provide the backdrop for a tight-knit community of engaged students and dedicated, world-class faculty.
At UConn Avery Point, students can:
- Access UConn’s Honors Program, an enriched academic experience for eligible top scholars
- Connect to the entire University library system at the Avery Point Library
- Participate in our ocean-focused programs and learn sailing, kayaking, and safe boat-handling
- Benefit from our unique research partnership with Mystic Aquarium
- Choose from over 135 Education Abroad programs, including study, internship, research, and service-learning opportunities
At UConn Avery Point, there are also plenty of opportunities for involvement and fun. Students can:
- Join a student organization, or become an Associated Student Government leader
- Play baseball or men’s or women’s basketball in the National Junior College Athletic Association
- Hang out in our campus center, featuring dining facilities, a game room, lounge, and outdoor patios
- Take advantage of our beachfront location with recreational, instructional, and competitive water-oriented programs