Seize Greater Opportunity
UConn Hartford is a state-of-the-art downtown campus that weaves top-tier academic programs with an urban college setting. Integrated with the Hartford Public Library and the Wadsworth Atheneum, UConn Hartford is just steps from the Connecticut Science Center, Connecticut Convention Center, and state and city government offices.
Our location in Connecticut's state capital reflects the metropolitan area that surrounds us, providing students with a wealth of opportunities to learn and grow within our inclusive campus community.
Make the most of ongoing partnerships with schools, businesses, and government and neighborhood organizations. Enjoy the flexibility of balancing family, work, and other personal commitments while receiving a high-quality UConn education.
Business Data Analytics
Human Development and Family Sciences
Individualized & Interdisciplinary Studies Program
Urban and Community Studies
Love to Learn
UConn’s rigorous majors prepare you for a lifetime of learning and accomplishment. You can select from a variety of UConn’s 115+ majors, completing your first 54 credits (typically two years) at UConn Hartford, and then seamlessly transition to UConn’s main campus in Storrs to finish your bachelor’s degree.
Or, complete your degree at UConn Hartford by selecting from a variety of four-year degree programs.
Business Administration, Business Data Analytics, Financial Management, Marine Sciences, Maritime Studies, and Marketing Management require coursework at multiple UConn campuses and cannot be completed solely at the main campus in Storrs. Certain programs may require curriculum across multiple campuses to complete an approved plan of study.
UConn Hartford also offers an array of graduate and post-baccalaureate programs.
For details, visit grad.uconn.edu.
Kick-start your student life
Our vibrant campus is a home away from home. UConn Hartford’s facilities provide the backdrop for a tight-knit community of engaged students dedicated, world-class faculty.
At UConn Hartford, students can:
- Access UConn’s Honors Program, an enriched academic experience for eligible top scholars
- Obtain academic assistance through our Writing and Quantitative Learning centers
- Choose from 135 Education Abroad programs, including study, internship, research, and service-learning opportunities
- Enjoy dedicated lounges including OASIS for veterans and active-duty military, an interfaith and reflection room, and a diversity and inclusion space
At UConn Hartford, there are also plenty of opportunities for involvement and fun. Students can:
- Join one of over 20 students clubs and organizations, such as the World Club or Pre-Law Society
- Help plan student activities and develop leadership skills in the Associated Student Government
- Meet friends at Starbucks or visit Barnes & Noble for Husky gear and the latest tech
- Use Husky Bucks at a number of restaurants and cafes in downtown Hartford
- Explore all that Hartford has to offer including the XL Center, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford Stage, and Connecticut Convention Center
In the Heart of Downtown Hartford
UConn has moved its dynamic new campus to downtown Hartford, where top-tier academic programs are interwoven with the vitality and unique educational and service opportunities offered by Connecticut's capital city.
In August 2017, the operations of UConn's West Hartford campus moved to a site anchored by the former Hartford Times building. The result is a neighborhood campus fully intertwined with state and city government offices and nearby cultural institutions, including Hartford Public Library, which houses 12,000 square feet of UConn classrooms, a library collection, and study areas.