Embrace Urban Connections
For more than 70 years, UConn Waterbury has opened the doors to educational access and excellence for thousands of students.
Students seeking a comprehensive, outstanding education will find that and more at UConn Waterbury. Through classroom learning, hybrid courses, and unique hands-on experiences, UConn inspires you to be the best you can be.
Enjoy new classroom and activity space, as well as a Starbucks café, in the newly renovated, historic Rectory Building. Contribute to community outreach programs that strengthen the partnership between UConn and the city of Waterbury. Make a difference in business, community service, education, law, medicine, or politics. Learn from great professors and participate in research opportunities that enrich your college experience, all without missing a beat.
Allied Health Sciences
Business Data Analytics
Human Development and Family Sciences
Urban and Community Studies
Love to Learn
UConn’s rigorous majors prepare you for a lifetime of learning and accomplishment. You can select from a variety of UConn’s 115+ majors, completing your first 54 credits (typically two years) at UConn Waterbury, and then seamlessly transition to UConn’s main campus in Storrs to finish your bachelor’s degree.
Or, complete your degree at UConn Waterbury by selecting from a variety of four-year degree programs.
Business Administration, Business Data Analytics, Financial Management, Marine Sciences, Maritime Studies, and Marketing Management require coursework at multiple UConn campuses and cannot be completed solely at the main campus in Storrs. Certain programs may require curriculum across multiple campuses to complete an approved plan of study.
UConn Waterbury also offers an array of graduate and post-baccalaureate programs.
For details, visit grad.uconn.edu.
Kick-start your student life
Your best is about to get even better. UConn Waterbury’s modern facilities provide the backdrop for a tight-knit community of engaged students and dedicated, world-class faculty.
At UConn Waterbury,students can:
- Access UConn's Honors Program, an enriched academic experience for eligible top scholars
- Obtain academic assistance through our Writing and Tutoring centers
- Connect to the entire University library system at the Waterbury Campus Library
- Explore options for the future and set actionable goals with the Center for Career Development
- Choose from 135 Education Abroad programs, including study, internship, research, and service-learning opportunities
At UConn Waterbury, there are also plenty of opportunities for involvement and fun. Students can:
- Join a student group, like the Business Society or Table Tennis Club, or start your own organization
- Help plan student activities and develop leadership skills in the Associated Student Government
- Live in privately owned, centrally located student housing
- See a show at the historic Palace Theater, located across the street
- Enjoy the diverse cuisines in the heart of Waterbury's revitalized downtown