Skip Navigation
Undergraduate Admissions

Undergraduate Admissions

Transferring Credit to UConn

As a result of COVID-19 closures and cancellations, the University of Connecticut will be flexible in the award of transfer credit for Fall 2020 - Summer 2021 courses taught in an online format. Visit our admissions COVID-19 FAQ for more information.

In general, the University of Connecticut grants credit for courses that are:

  • Taken at a regionally accredited, degree-granting college or university;
  • Comparable in content and quality to courses offered at UConn;
  • Completed with a minimum grade of "C."

Courses that the University does not grant credit for includes, but is not limited to, the following:

  • Online courses in laboratory science and foreign language, including those offered in a hybrid format;
  • Pass/Fail coursework;
  • Co-op, internships, and practicum credit;
  • Precollegiate/remedial coursework;
  • College-level elementary foreign language courses if the student completed three or more years of the same foreign language in secondary school;
  • Prior coursework that was not reported at the time of application.


  • Transfer credit is awarded in semester hours;
  • Grades from your previous institution(s) do not transfer;
  • Courses are considered either equivalent to courses at UConn (same department and number as in the UConn catalog) or generic (same department but with a 5-digit number assigned that begins with the number 9, as in 91000, 92000, etc.).


Courses taken while in high school:

If you have participated in a concurrent or dual enrollment program while in high school, official transcripts should be sent to the University of Connecticut directly by the participating college or university. Credit will be considered for transfer, but some restrictions can apply. Mathematics courses must be at the calculus level or above to be considered for transfer credit.  In addition, online laboratory science courses are not transferable. UConn considers all courses completed in partnership programs for transfer credit in keeping with NACEP standards.


UConn Early College Experience (ECE) Credit:

UConn students must meet with their academic advisors in order to elect to move credit earned through UConn Early College Experience to the degree portion of the academic record. Policies about which grades transfer and deadlines vary by schools and it is important to review these policies before you make the choice. The deadline is typically at the end of the first semester on campus. If you do not make a choice, the credit is automatically moved in most schools. The choice to move or not to move, and force an automatic move, is irreversible.

Please view the Transfer Credit Guidelines for all transfer credit policies. For information regarding restricted credit, visit the Undergraduate Catalog's Academic Regulations.

Transfer Credit Information For:

Course Credit Equivalencies

If you enrolled in courses at a Connecticut college or university, or took AP courses or IB courses in high school, many equivalencies can be viewed online. Courses from other institutions or courses not listed on this site must be evaluated by our staff and faculty.

General consumer information is available from the State of Connecticut Office of Higher Education and can be found online at: