Prepare for a fulfilling career as an educator or sport management professional. For aspiring teachers, our five-year, Integrated Bachelor’s/Master’s teacher preparation program offers courses of study for teacher certification in a variety of disciplines. Among public graduate schools of education, the Neag School of Education is ranked among the best in the nation and boasts one of the country’s highest placement and retention rates, with our graduates among the top performers in passing licensure examinations. Several of our academic programs are also ranked among the top 25 in the nation by U.S News & World Report: Special Education; Elementary Education; Educational Psychology; Educational Administration; and Secondary Education.
Note: As a pre-teaching or pre-sport management student, you’ll be assigned an advisor in UConn's Academic Center for Exploratory Students (ACES) who will help prepare you for admission to the Neag School of Education at the start of your junior year.
Sport management majors will have an opportunity to gain disciplinary knowledge and to develop the necessary skills to be successful in any area of the sport industry through a blend of classroom, research, and field experiences.
The IB/M program offers courses of study for certification in the following areas:
- Elementary Education (Grades 1-6)
- Secondary Education (Grades 7–12)
- English Education
- History/Social Studies Education
- Mathematics Education
- Science: Chemistry Education; Earth Science Education; General Science Education; Physics Education
- World Languages: French Language Education; German Language Education; Mandarin Chinese Language Education; Spanish Language Education
- Comprehensive Special Education (K–12)
- Music Education (PK–12)