University of Connecticut
Undergraduate Admissions

Application Instructions

All applicants must apply through the UConn Application. You may use this application to apply for admission to our main campus in Storrs and our four regional campuses.  Connecticut residents not admitted to Storrs will automatically be considered for admission to a regional UConn campus.  See Regional Campuses for available programs.  International applicants should visit the International Transfer Applicants page for application instructions.

Due to the number of applications received, interviews are not part of the admissions process.

Application Details

Submission of the $80 application fee (non-refundable) is available through the chosen application. Check or money order is also an acceptable form of payment and should be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions directly with the applicant’s name (as seen on the application) and date of birth.

All postsecondary official transcript(s) from each institution attended are required whether or not credit is desired or expected. All academic credentials not written in English must be accompanied by an official, certified English translation. To be considered official, transcripts must include the school’s official seal or the signature of a school administrator, and must be sent directly from the institution either through a secure electronic transfer service (i.e., E-Scrip Safe, National Student Clearing House, Parchment, etc.) to or by mail in a sealed envelope to:

University of Connecticut
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
2131 Hillside Road, Unit 3088
Storrs, CT 06269-3088

Copies, faxes, and unsealed envelopes from the institution or student are not accepted.

A high school transcript showing graduation date, or GED, is required for all transfer applicants regardless of academic attainment. All academic credentials not written in English must be accompanied by an official, certified English translation.

Secondary School Transcripts

Official high school transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope directly from your school to UConn, and must reflect your date of graduation.

GED Records

If you have completed the State High School Equivalency Diploma (GED), send the Office of Undergraduate Admissions an official copy of your diploma and a complete set of scores.

Home Schooled Applicants

Students who are home schooled should submit their transcript(s) and an outline of their academic curriculum. Please ensure that your outline is specific and comprehensive. Students should submit syllabi, portfolios or learning logs, and official college transcripts, if applicable. Please indicate whether your curriculum has been conducted under an accredited program. Your documentation should verify that your home school program meets the high school graduation requirements of your home town. Materials submitted must reflect your date of graduation.

SAT or ACT scores, if required, must be sent to UConn directly from the appropriate testing service.  SAT or ACT scores are not required if you are 21 years or older, or if you have completed 24 transferable credits of college course following high school graduation. 

  • UConn CEEB Code: 3915
  • UConn ACT Code: 0604

The personal essay is required and provides the applicant an opportunity to add a unique voice to the application as well as demonstrate writing ability. The personal essay is a component on both the UConn Application and the Common Application and should range between 250 – 650 words. If your educational attendance has not been continuous, your essay must include information about your activities during those times not spent in school.

Certain restricted programs have a supplemental application and/or additional requirements. Please be aware that these deadlines may be different than the Transfer Admissions deadline.

If you are a permanent resident/non-U.S. citizen, submit a photocopy of the front and back of your Permanent Resident Card.

Application Tips


  • Make sure to list all of the institutions that you have attended and include the dates of your attendance at each institution you list.  Note - If you have attended more colleges than the allotted space allows, please provide that information in a separate document and send to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
  • Courses in Progress - Please provide courses in which you are currently enrolled, making sure to include course department code, course number and course title (e.g., ENG 101 ‘English Composition’).

Discipline History:

  • If you answered “yes” to either or both questions, you must provide a detailed explanation in the “Required Explanation” section that includes the approximate date of each incident, an explanation of the circumstances, and a reflection on what you learned from the experience.