University of Connecticut
Undergraduate Admissions

International Admitted Student Checklist

Fall 2021

You're in. So, what's next?

Your place at UConn is secured by completing your Reply Form found in your applicant portal and submitting the $400 non-refundable enrollment deposit fee by May 1. If you are admitted after May 1, your deposit fee is due within two weeks of the date marked on your acceptance letter. 

Pay Your Deposit Online

The Form I-20 will enable you to apply for the F-1 visa necessary to study in the United States. The F-1 application should be completed immediately as it is difficult to determine the length of time for processing.  We will issue the Form I-20 and your official letter of admission after your supporting documents and enrollment deposit are received through the ISSS Portal. In order to provide the most accurate information, please allow 24 hours from submitting your enrollment deposit to access the ISSS Portal. 

Prepare electronic copies (.pdf or .jpg) of the required documents listed below. All documents must be named as "YOUR FAMILY NAME, your given name-item name" (e.g. SMITH, John - passport). Previously submitted documents as part of the application for admission will not be considered. 

  1. Copy of passport 
  2. Completed and signed Financial Declaration Form
  3. Financial support document indicating source of expected funding (e.g. bank statement issued after February 1, 2019 in English, personal sponsor) to show you can meet estimated costs for first year of program 
  4. If you currently reside in the U.S. with an F/J Visa and will transfer your SEVIS record to UConn, complete the SEVIS Transfer Release Form with your current school's DSO/ARO. You may upload the completed SEVIS Transfer Form with your online I-20/DS-2019 request or your current school can send this information directly. Please note: UConn will not issue your new Form I-20 until after your SEVIS record is released by your current school.

Continue I-20/DS-2019 Request (Log in to ISSS Portal for Previously Started Request)

We will issue the Form I-20 and your official letter of admission after your Financial Declaration Form with supporting documents and enrollment deposit are received.  Please allow 3 – 4 weeks for processing Form I-20s.

Your Form I-20 can be delivered by the following methods:

Option 1: Send by Express Mail using eShipGlobal (all students living outside the U.S. must select this option)

To order express mail service, you will need to create an online account with eShipGlobal (Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers are recommended). Do not go to the DHL, FedEx, and UPS sites directly. Please note: Form I-20 mailings will only be released to the student or parent/guardian if the student is a minor. 

Be sure you have the following items ready:

  • Your NetID issued by the University of Connecticut (eShipGlobal will refer to it as your "Student ID")
  • Mailing address (P.O. Box not permitted)
  • Email address
  • Telephone number (the provider will contact you if there is issue with shipment)
  • Credit card information (Visa, Mastercard or Discover only)
  • Choose Department/Contact "Undergraduate Admissions Office" as the sender. Do not select any other option. Selecting a different option will delay the processing of your Form I-20.

Upon completion, eShipGlobal will send you an email confirmation that includes a tracking number and order details for your shipment.  The DHL, FedEx, and UPS websites will not have this information available.

If you experience any problems when using the online service, please use the help feature on their website. You can also e-mail your questions to:

Option 2: Send by regular domestic mail (students living in the U.S.)

Domestic regular mail (delivery within the U.S.) normally takes 2-5 days* at no cost to you. There is no tracking method available for this option. If you choose this option, please be certain that you will remain at this address for at least 2 months after submitting your enrollment deposit.

Option 3: Personally pick-up Form I-20 (option for the local Storrs, CT area only)

For students living locally, you may pick up your Form I-20 at the Office of Undergraduate Admissions located in the Tasker Building, 2131 Hillside Road, Storrs, CT. You will be notified when you Form I-20 is available for pick-up. Photo ID will be required.

The Department of Homeland Security requires that all students obtaining an F-1 visa for the first time pay a fee of $350 in U.S. currency to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.  Proof of payment will be required before going to the U.S Embassy or Consulate for the F-1 visa interview. For more information about this process and required fees (such as the SEVIS I-901 fee) log into

For electronic payment using a credit card log into  If making a payment by mail, the address is:  I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee, P.O. Box 070020, St. Louis, MO  63197-0020. The address to courier the form and payment is: I-901 Student/Exchange Visitor Processing Fee, 1005 Convention Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63101.

2020 - 2021 Estimated Yearly Expenses for Full-Time International Undergraduates

Tuition and Fees $41,902
Living Expenses (average) $14,500
Books, Supplies, Insurance, Transportation and Miscellaneous Costs* $7,189
Total* $63,591

Financial declaration minimum requirement - $64,000

Your new campus is made up of exceptional individuals who are ready to drive you to your fullest potential. Whether it’s attending our virtual UConn Bound Week or chatting with one of our Husky Insiders, see for yourself why UConn is an exciting and vibrant community.

Explore UConn

Join Your Class on Facebook

Storrs Campus

First-year students are required to submit the housing application by May 21, 2021.  Please note that it may take 3-5 business days after the enrollment deposit has been paid for the housing application to become accessible. 

Learning Communities are popular options for new Huskies. Students interested in participating in a Learning Community are encouraged to apply through the housing application by May 1 for priority consideration. 

Register for Storrs Main Campus Housing

Stamford Campus
Submit the online housing application to request university housing at UConn Stamford. While the priority housing application deadline is April 1, 2021, the enrollment deposit fee is not required to complete the housing application. Early completion is recommended as space is limited. Housing notifications will be sent to your personal email account. Students admitted after April 1 who are interested in university housing will be considered on a space-available basis. 

Register for UConn Stamford Housing

Beginning mid-May, you'll receive notification to attend UConn's Orientation Program, provided your enrollment deposit has been received.

All incoming students are required to complete orientation where you'll learn about our academic programs, student community, and on-campus services; meet an advisor; and select fall semester classes. 

Orientation Information

The University has partnered with Google Apps for Education for its email system. Beginning mid-May, all official correspondences from the University will be sent to this address.

Set Up Your UConn Email Account

Submit your Health History Form by July 1, 2021, including proof of meningitis immunization. Students who are not compliant with all of the required immunizations by the tenth day of classes will have a hold placed on their student record and will be unable to participate in add/drop registration processes.

Your official final high school/secondary school transcript, including graduation date, must be submitted to UConn directly from the secondary institution either electronically or by mail in a sealed envelope by July 1, 2021. If you are a transfer student, an official final transcript from the institution most recently attended must be received by June 15, 2021. Transcripts should be submitted to UConn directly from the institution either electronically through an authorized provider such as Parchment, eSCRIP or National Clearinghouse or by postal mail in a sealed envelope. Students who attended an institution outside of the United States where the transcript is in a language other than English must submit both an official transcript in the native language as well as a certified English translation. 

If you have participated in a concurrent partnership program while in high school, official transcripts should be sent to the University of Connecticut directly by the participating college or university.  Credit is considered for transfer, but some restrictions can apply.  Mathematics must be at the calculus level or above, and credit is awarded at the discretion of the Mathematics Department of the University of Connecticut.  In addition, online laboratory science courses are not transferable.  UConn considers all courses completed in partnership programs for transfer credit in keeping with NACEP standards.

If you took Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses in high school, view the equivalencies.  Official AP scores must be sent directly from the College Board to be considered for AP credit.  To be considered for IB credit, the official IB transcript must be sent directly from the IB Office to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and students must have earned the IB Diploma.

Transfer Credit Reports are made available to incoming freshman when credits are posted early in the first semester.

Academic Calendar

Wondering when classes start? Looking to squeeze in some courses between semesters? Which holidays does UConn observe?

UConn's Academic Calendar

Gap Year and Deferment Requests

We understand that admission is not a one-size-fits-all process and that there are reasons a student may need to delay the start of their UConn education to up to a year from the admission term. Whether it be to pursue a unique travel opportunity, to serve in the military or public service, or due to chronic illness, simply submit the Gap Year/Deferment Request Form found in your applicant portal and share your plan with us. Your non-refundable enrollment deposit fee is still required by May 1 to secure your seat. Students may not enroll at another institution, professional certification program, or participate in a post-graduate year at a secondary school during the gap year/deferment period.